Comforting Apple Crumble Recipe
We often get asked by our customers what our secret ingredients are, however we're pretty apprehensive when giving them out! But since it's nearly Christmas we've decided to give you a little treat from our kitchen to yours.
Our apple crumble is served regularly at our Byley tearooms as a special after our hearty roast dinners on a Sunday. All apples are locally sourced from our neighbours at Lowe's Farm Shop and the recipe is an absolute classic.
This apple crumble is super simple, effective and will quickly become your favourite comforting staple to treat your family and friends to on a chilly weekend at home.
250g σf plain flour or GF flour
90g soft brown sugar
800g apples peeled, cored + sliced
50g dark brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Set your oven to 160 degrees (fan oven).
2. Toss the apple slices in the 50g of dark brown sugar and the cinnamon. Place in a pan on a medium heat until the apples are soft.
3. Once softened, place in a 25cm/10in oven proof dish.
4. Pop the flour and sugar into a bowl and mix together.
5. Cube the butter into the bowl and rub it in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
6. Squeeze some of the crumble together to form to small clumps.
7. Sprinkle the crumble toppings topping over apples.
8. Bake for around 35mins until golden.
Serve hot with clotted cream or ice cream.
We hope you enjoy our recipe - let us know how you get on! If you're extra proud of your creation, take a picture & tag us on insta, we'd love to see how you did.