Jobs at Ginger and Pickles
Ginger and Pickles is proud to be a family business and is committed to creating a positive, friendly working environment. We have a number of great benefits which our staff can take advantage of including free meals, drinks and snacks, flexible holidays, and a range of learning and development programmes in hospitality.
Why Ginger and Pickles?
- Competitive pay and benefits!
- Training opportunities
- We regularly contribute to charity
- 100% of all tips go to the team. We wouldn't dream of dipping in to your hard- earned money
- Fortnightly pay
- Paid holiday and pension contributions
- We rarely open in the evenings so you daytime work is where it’s at
- The opportunity to work in a company where you will be valued as an individual
- Staff discount at all locations
- Uniform provided and replaced
- Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Year's Day off
- We are always investing in technology to ensure you have the best tools in the industry
Deputy Manager - apply now
🕑 Full Time
We are looking for a Deputy Manager to organise daily operations and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service. The position includes work each Sunday and Monday.
The Deputy Manager’s responsibilities include, monitoring daily expenses and revenues and ordering supplies as needed. Also, you should be available to work during opening hours, including weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, you will help increase profitability, boost customer engagement and ensure Ginger and Pickles is a favourite local spot.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the tearoom
- Assume Manager responsibilities when the Manager is not in
- Training employees on food and drink preparation and ensuring proper use of equipment
- Onboard new staff
- Train employees on food and drink preparation
- Input on staff performance and on-time clocking in
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies, as needed in coordination with kitchen and front of house
- Maintain updated records
- Liaise with kitchen/front of house to organise specials or seasonal dishes
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service
- Ensure all cafe areas are clean and tidy
- Work with the Champions (including upselling and marketing) to help coordinate efforts and targets
- Ensure opening times reflect what’s needed including when Deliveroo is open for trade in Nantwich
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost our reputation
FRONT OF HOUSE - apply now
🕑 Full Time and Part Time
Our Front of House Team Members present, sell, and serve customers to the highest possible standard by ensuring the tearoom is clean and tidy, maintaining a high level of customer service, and keeping cakes and other food displayed correctly.
- To set up the tearoom each day ensuring it is clean
- To display cakes and other products as necessary
- To serve customers including taking orders, using the till, and serving food
- To greet customers and ensure they are given accurate advice on our menu and other products
- To clear and clean tables and surfaces as required
- To present and maintain a high level of customer service at all times
- To wear the uniform provided and ensure it is always kept clean and presentable
Are you also:
- Passionate about learning and wellbeing - taking care of yourself and others
- Able to keep calm under pressure and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
COOK OR CHEF - apply now
🕑 Full Time and Part Time
We’re looking for experienced and ambitious cooks or chefs to join the Ginger and Pickles family.
In your role, you need to prepare, cook and present food quickly and efficiently, with the key aim of delivering quality food with presentation meeting Ginger and Pickles standards.
As a member of the kitchen team you will:
- Work with fresh ingredients
- Be trained and developed
Generally, working hours will be between 8:30am-6pm including weekdays and weekends.
Ultimately, you will help deliver excellent meals and afternoon teas to our customers whilst helping to keeping morale high and ensure Ginger and Pickles is a favourite local spot.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You are interested in working with food
- You are methodical and enjoy routine and structured tasks
- You want to use or develop your organisational and multitasking skills
- You want to understand how the Heart of the restaurant operates
- Prepare, cook and present food quickly and efficiently, meeting our high quality and presentation standards
- Assist in keeping the kitchen clean, hygienic and tidy, at all times
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and report any maintenance issues
- Complete all appropriate company documentation and key tasks, on every shift
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Be involved and contribute at team meetings
- Carry out instructions given by the management team
- Enthusiastic in expressing new ideas and be willing to voice them