Jobs at Ginger and Pickles
Ginger and Pickles is proud to be a family business and is committed to creating a positive, friendly working environment. We have a number of great benefits which our staff can take advantage of including free meals, drinks and snacks, flexible holidays, and a range of learning and development programmes in hospitality.
Why Ginger and Pickles?
- Competitive pay and benefits!
- Training opportunities
- We regularly contribute to charity
- 100% of all tips go to the team. We wouldn't dream of dipping in to your hard- earned money
- Fortnightly pay
- Paid holiday and pension contributions
- We rarely open in the evenings so you daytime work is where it’s at
- The opportunity to work in a company where you will be valued as an individual
- Staff discount at all locations
- Uniform provided and replaced
- Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Year's Day off
- We are always investing in technology to ensure you have the best tools in the industry
COOK OR CHEF - apply now
🕑 Full Time and Part Time
We’re looking for experienced and ambitious cooks or chefs to join the Ginger and Pickles family.
In your role, you need to prepare, cook and present food quickly and efficiently, with the key aim of delivering quality food with presentation meeting Ginger and Pickles standards.
As a member of the kitchen team you will:
- Work with fresh ingredients
- Be trained and developed
Generally, working hours will be between 8:30am-6pm including weekdays and weekends.
Ultimately, you will help deliver excellent meals and afternoon teas to our customers whilst helping to keeping morale high and ensure Ginger and Pickles is a favourite local spot.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You are interested in working with food
- You are methodical and enjoy routine and structured tasks
- You want to use or develop your organisational and multitasking skills
- You want to understand how the Heart of the restaurant operates
- Prepare, cook and present food quickly and efficiently, meeting our high quality and presentation standards
- Assist in keeping the kitchen clean, hygienic and tidy, at all times
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and report any maintenance issues
- Complete all appropriate company documentation and key tasks, on every shift
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Be involved and contribute at team meetings
- Carry out instructions given by the management team
- Enthusiastic in expressing new ideas and be willing to voice them
FRONT OF HOUSE - apply now
🕑 Full Time and Part Time
Our Front of House Team Members present, sell, and serve customers to the highest possible standard by ensuring the tearoom is clean and tidy, maintaining a high level of customer service, and keeping cakes and other food displayed correctly.
- To set up the tearoom each day ensuring it is clean
- To display cakes and other products as necessary
- To serve customers including taking orders, using the till, and serving food
- To greet customers and ensure they are given accurate advice on our menu and other products
- To clear and clean tables and surfaces as required
- To present and maintain a high level of customer service at all times
- To wear the uniform provided and ensure it is always kept clean and presentable
Are you also:
- Passionate about learning and wellbeing - taking care of yourself and others
- Able to keep calm under pressure and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment